President Uhuru Kenyatta has confirmed two more cases of the coronavirus in Kenya, bringing the total to three.
He also ordered the closure of schools and institutions of higher learning in the coming week, and urged Kenyans to opt to work from home.
The President on Sunday gave the country an update on the coronavirus pandemic following a confirmed case and the isolation of 22 people in Kenya.
In its briefing on Saturday, the Health ministry said the 22 were in close contact with the patient who is undergoing treatment at the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) in Nairobi.
Samples collected from them are being tested at laboratories at the Kenya Medical Research Institute (Kemri).
The ministry further said that 23 people of mixed nationalities who travelled with the patient were traced and advised to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Earlier on Saturday, the Judiciary issued several instructions for members in a bid to prevent spread of the virus within the country.
Chief Justice David Maraga told a press briefing that court activities will be reduced for two weeks effective Monday to allow further consultations on the matter and the design of appropriate response measures.
CJ Maraga said prisoners and remandees will not be presented to court for the two weeks.
“All conferences, workshops, colloquia and training programmes are suspended until further notice. There will be no foreign travel for the next 30 days for staff of the justice sector institutions, whether official or private, save for exceptional circumstances,” he added.