Sudan has agreed to resume talks on sanctions with the US under the mediation of Saudi Arabia.
The Sudanese Foreign ministry said in a press release that Khartoum would resume the positive engagement with the US regarding the sanctions.
"In response to the request of the Saudi leadership, the President agreed to continue to communicate positively with the US Administration and its official agencies in the coming period, in order to ensure the permanent lifting of sanctions on Sudan," the statement states.
Ordered a freeze
The announcement follows a meeting between Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir and King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz on Tuesday in Saudi Arabia, where the former is on a visit.
President Bashir last week ordered a freeze on the talks with the US after President Donald Trump extended the sanctions imposed on Sudan by three more months.
The Sudanese leader said the negotiations with the US would be suspended for three months.
Last January, the administration of former US President Barack Obama eased the two-decades sanctions as Khartoum committed to the five-track deal within six months.
The US imposed the unilateral economic sanctions on Sudan in 1997.
Khartoum remains on the US list of the countries accused of sponsoring terrorism since 1993.