Several Ugandan government ministers have lost their parliamentary seats to opposition, partial results from Thursday's vote show.
According to State-owned New Vision newspaper, 17 ministers and junior ministers have lost their seats.
- Defence minister - Crispus Kiyonga
- Justice minister - Kahinda Otafiire
- Information minister - Jim Muhwezi
- Education minister - Jessica Alupo
- Attorney-General - Fred Ruhindi
- Housing minister - Sam Engola
- Energy minister - Irene Muloni
With results from nearly half of all polling stations now in, the Electoral Commission has announced that President Yoweri Museveni is still in the lead.