Inspired by projects in Kazakhstan, Kosovo
- Halina Ward joined FDSD as director in April 2009. Previously, she served as a trustee from 2006-2009.
- Ms Ward’s interest in links between democracy and sustainable development stemmed from periods spent working on projects in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kosovo;
- From her work on the relationship between public policy and responsible private enterprise; and from her experience as a mediator and facilitator; from extensive work on environmental and social implications of international trade liberalisation and its institutions, and through interactions with public authorities in the UK as an ordinary citizen.
- Before joining FDSD, Ms Ward was director of the Business and Sustainable Development Programme at the International Institute for Environment and Development in London.
- Her first language is English. She also speaks Spanish, French, Russian and Polish.