South Sudanese President Salva Kiir has directed the team representing his government to sign the peace agreement with rebels.
A brief message posted on Facebook by the Presidential Press Unit tells the team in Khartoum to discuss and reach a consensus with rebel groups on key issues, particularly the power sharing.
Both parties last week differed over the recent Khartoum power sharing proposal.
But President Kiir said in Juba on Saturday that he could accept the five vice-presidents formula for the sake of peace.
President Kiir's team that was in Juba for consultations, has since returned to Khartoum.
The South Sudanese President, however, told the Juba delegation to insist on 32 states, against a proposal to retain the 21 colonial units.
The parties to the talks are expected to receive a final document for signing this week.
South Sudan descended into war in December 2013 when President Kiir accused his former deputy Riek Machar of plotting a coup.
Over 2 million South Sudanese have become refugees in neighbouring countries and another 1.9 million others remain internally displaced, according to the UN.
The war has also caused one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises after the Rwanda 1994 genocide, the UN added.
Multiple human rights abuses have also been documented by various groups.