- The EastAfrican understands that PM Netanyahu and his security chiefs held separate meetings with Ugandan and Kenyan defence officials.
- Sources privy to the security discussions said one of the Israeli firms could get the contract to build the Kenyan border wall after internal security officials from both countries signed a memorandum of understanding that will see Israel help Kenya speed up construction of the wall.
- Several African countries, including Uganda and Kenya, receive Israeli military training and equipment.
- In Ethiopia, PM Netanyahu and PM Hailemariam signed an agreement to strengthen technological, scientific and space ties in order to encourage more Israeli businesses — specialising in the fields of space and renewable energy — to open shop in Ethiopia.
- In exchange for its expertise in security and defense, Israel wants Africa’s help with its diplomatic issues at the United Nations, where the General Assembly overwhelmingly recognised Palestine as a non-member observer state in 2012.